Sunday 24 August 2008

Annie Lennox - Annie Lennox In Recovery After Back Operation

Annie Lennox is recuperating from spinal surgery afterward a back spasm forced her to leave an Aids conference early.

The late Eurhythmics singer had been flown home base from the International Aids conference in Mexico after suffering the injury merely has undergone a successful operation, her representative has confirmed.

"The operation [to release an impinged nerve] went as planned, and Annie is now recuperating at home," aforesaid Roger Widynowski.

"Annie would like to send her thanks and appreciation to all who have sent their well wishes in the past few days."

The vocalist, 53, had explained on her web log last workweek that the injury had given her "more pain than I've ever experienced in my life" and made her left foot "totally numb".

And after being wheeling off the woodworking plane upon her return to the UK, the Aberdeen-born star wrote: "A first I must say!"

She went on: "Felt a bit wish Elizabeth Taylor? Am today sitting up in bed with my left foot like a dead pisces, freezing and numb".

A retrospective album, due for spill on September 15th, has now been postponed until Spring 2009, her management confirmed.

"Some of my plans and schemes have had to be put on hold because there is not lots I can do if I can't walk right," Lennox added.





More info